IF Lab presents Grasshopper Beginner Workshops introducing designers to Grasshopper’s interface, basic functionality, workflows, and possibilities within a project-based framework.
The 2-Day intensive workshops will cover:
- Grasshopper’s relationship with Rhino
- Grasshopper interface and operational paradigms
- Basic associative/parametric functions
- Data flows and basic list management
- Importing and exporting geometry between Rhino and Grasshopper
- Graph Mapper
- Image Mapper
- Number Sliders
- Surface operations
- Creation and editing of simple forms
The workshops will ensure familiarity with the ubiquitous computational design software combination and provide sound frameworks for use in design practice at a basic level
These workshops are ideal for students enrolled in IDES 2040 – Future Making and Generative Fabrication (ARCT5535) or for anyone interested in computational design.
The workshops are being offered to ALVA students only, and spaces are limited to ensure the best possible experience.